The attorneys at Lindsey & Lacy have assisted scores of clients maneuvering through the complex world of mergers and acquisitions. From large seven-figure international transactions to much smaller local sales, our attorneys have provided expert advice and guidance for clients who are selling and clients who are buying businesses. Each transaction is unique and every client is given the time and attention necessary to protect their interests and to get the deal closed.
Here are a few examples showing the variety of matters we have handled:
- Sale of a medical products distribution company with assets over $20,000,000 to a large international company.
- Sale of a high-tech company with assets over $10,000,000 to an international publicly traded company.
- Merger of a professional services company with a value in excess of $6,000,000 with a national professional services company.
- Purchase of a professional services company with a value in excess of $1,000,000.
- Sale of a local successful restaurant for a price in excess of $600,000.
- Merger of high-tech aviation company with a value in excess of $2,000,000.
- Sale of a medical practice for $1,500,000.
- Sale of an automobile service and repair business for over $500,000.
- Sale of an automobile parts business for over $1,000,000.
- Sale of a local franchise for $260,000.
Our skilled attorneys have represented clients in many types of lawsuits.
Here are some examples of cases we have litigated:
Won a federal jury verdict in an insurance coverage dispute over a residential house fire for $357,000.
Lee v. Universal Underwriters, 12-cv-3540: In 2014 Mr. Lacy was part of a team that won a $6.17 million-dollar judgment against Universal Underwriters in an insurance coverage dispute.
Gaskin v. Wellons, et al., 11-ev-011793: In 2014 Mr. Lacy was part of a trial team that won a $1.6 million-dollar verdict against a surgeon for medical malpractice.
Confidential seven-figure settlement for large property loss including diminution in value.
- Confidential six-figure settlement for commercial property loss and broker malfeasance.
- Defense jury verdict against Insurance carrier for trying to collect almost $500,000 from small business in retroactive workers' compensation premiums.
- $900,000 arbitration award against corporation for violating executives' employment agreements.
- Confidential high five-figure settlement on behalf of small business for an employee theft claim.
- Confidential six-figure settlement for new employee's life insurance claim.
- Confidential high five-figure settlement for employee against former employer for breach of contract.
- Confidential five-figure settlement for a wrongly denied disability claim.
- Confidential six-figure settlement for policy limits in an auto injury case.